9.22.2010

Mmmmmm.... Chicken Noodle

(If you couldn't tell by the text, the title of this post is supposed to sound like the OOoohhhh, Baracuda song.  :)

I CANNOT believe I am posting a recipe today.  I must be the worst cook in the whole world (but getting better), but I have not been able to get this recipe out of my mind all day.  It is the perfect day for this one.  This Chicken Noodle soup aint no ordinary chicken noodle, its....  Herbed Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup.  Mmmm....  And I love it.  Not only do I love it, but Lily can't get enough of it either.  So, for your enjoyment...  Here it is.  (Oh and you can all wipe those worried looks off your faces.  I did not make this up myself.  I found the recipe online.  :))...

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of uncooked dry egg noddles (I like the fat ones)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or more if you want)
2/3 box of chicken broth (can use the one with less salt, it doesn't affect the taste)
1 cup of celery, thinly sliced
1 cup of carrot, cut into half moons
2 tbsp. lemon juice (I used more...  but you can experiment and see what you like the best)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped (or do what I did and get the pre-chopped jars of the stuff to make it super easy).
1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves, crushed
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (I used dried, but I am sure the fresh stuff makes it even better)

1. Cook noodles according to package.
2. Cook chicken in lightly-oiled sauce pot.  Remove chicken and add broth, celery and carrot and heat to a boil.  Dice chicken.
3. Stir in chicken, noodles, lemon juice (to taste), garlic, and oregano leaves.  Reduce heat to low.
4. Simmer stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.  Stir in parsley and serve.

Nutritional information per serving:  120 calories, 3g of fat, 0.5 saturated fat, 450mg Sodium, etc.  (haha, those are the only statistics I really care about).

I got this recipe like a year and a half ago on the Campbell's website.  I know, usually the recipes on sites like that are pretty boring or lacking flavor, but I really love this one.  (Too bad because we are having pizza tonight.  Lily is bummed.)  But since I couldn't get it out of my head, I thought I would share it with all of you.  And if you happen to make any, let me know.  :)  I know a great mini cheese cake recipe and I can bring dessert.  ;)
(Or you could just send some to my sick almost-two year old.  I am sure she would be grateful).  :)

4 comments:

  1. She is still sick? poor girlo. I want the mini cheesecake recipe too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember never, never, never substitute margarine only for frosting.

    Am I going to have to go up there and take care of that baby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, she makes me sad. You should see her little legs.. They don't have much baby fat left on them. But even though she is sick, she is still so sweet.

    ReplyDelete